Tuesday, June 24, 2014

puzzles, donations, prayers and translation...







So, the puzzle fundraiser is going pretty slow. We have gotten two donations specifically for the puzzle. But, I have started assembling some pieces from donations that we have received in the past. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. But, we are thankful for every little bit. We know that it adds up amazingly fast somehow. So, we'll keep trying on this puzzle fundraiser, but I'm brainstorming how else we can raise the rest of the funds we need to bring our baby girl home. Some suggestions I've had are a baby sitting night, where Breanna and some of her friends can maybe help to babysit at our house for a donation on one or two evenings. Breanna and I thought we would love to have an arts and crafts sale, since we both love to do things like crochet, sewing, rainbow loom and Breanna is really getting good at sketching and such. Another idea was me doing photography sessions for a donation. I am, in no way, a professional, but I enjoy photography and would really like getting more practice. And if I could do that and get some donations, that would be wonderful. If you have any ideas or like one of these ideas, please leave me a message with your input. I would like to get an idea of what the interest would be for any of these ideas, so please don't hesitate to give me your thoughts.
However, we have gotten a couple really generous donations and we will definitely be putting those people on the puzzle. We now have about $7000 or $8000 left to fully fund the adoption. Praise God!
We can't begin to express how thankful we are for those that have donated to help bring Carissa home. It seems like every time we start to get just a bit nervous about having enough funds to finish the adoption, it seems a generous donation shows up. We really should learn to not get nervous at all and realize that God's got this. We are so blessed and so humbled! And not just the donations; when people ask about how things are going and tell us they are praying for us and for Carissa, it gives us such peace and comfort.
Not much happening just yet on the adoption front. I did get to fill out some immigration paperwork last week. It kind of made it pretty real. Putting the address where she will be living with us and the terms of her immigration and everything. It felt good to get that filled out. We will just be doing a lot of waiting from this point on. Our agency did let us know that our dossier has been translated. So, that means it is on to the next step of being reviewed and then finally approved; probably another 6 weeks.
We are hoping for an update on Carissa soon, but it's not guaranteed to happen. It would be great to get another peek at her, though. They grow so fast at this age. Every time we've seen another picture of her, she looks so different. I can't imagine not seeing another picture or video of her until gotcha day, but that's a possibility that I will have to prepare myself for.

Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment