Friday, June 6, 2014

The missing piece.

 
 
 
Isn't this a pretty picture? The top characters are Carissa's name in Chinese characters. The other words are words that we hope will become important to our sweet girl. And then a scripture that we feel fits. All on a background of Chinese holly (carissa flowers); one of the reasons we love her name. My honey made this picture for us to put on a puzzle. Why a puzzle, you ask? Well, that brings me to my next subject.
 
After researching various kinds of fundraisers, we came across a lot of puzzle fundraisers. And we thought it was a pretty neat idea. It's neat because Carissa feels like the missing piece of our family puzzle, in a way. So, a puzzle fundraiser seems kind of fitting. So, we thought we would try it out and pray it helps us raise funds to bring our precious girl home. So, this is how it works.
 
 
We will be "selling" each puzzle piece for $10 each. In exchange for the cost, we will put your name, family name and/or very small message on the back of the puzzle piece. If you buy more than one piece, your message can be a little bigger. It's kind of like a sponsorship. As we get pieces sold, we will put the puzzle together and send out picture updates as it's coming along. When all the pieces are sold and we have the puzzle put together, we will frame it where you can see the front and the back. It will be a keepsake for Carissa to have for many years to come, for her to see all who had a hand in bringing her home.
 
So, there are a couple of ways you can purchase these pieces. If you are local and see me, you can always give me the money in person and tell me what to put on the puzzle and I will do that. If you know my address (not sharing it publicly ;o) ) you can mail me cash or check and write a little note telling me what to put on the piece that way. You can also donate through the Paypal donate button on the side of this blog. I think paypal has a way for you to leave a message, so you can write a note saying how many puzzle pieces you want and tell me what name and/or message you would like on your piece. You can also donate through the PureCharity account (link on the side of the blog) (It's tax deductible) and then, leave me a message through email or this blog, to let me know that you donated and what you would like on your puzzle piece/pieces.
 
Also, please share, share, share. Share from your email, share on facebook. Whatever way you can share. There are 252 pieces to this puzzle. So, I'm hoping you can help me to spread the word and make this a great fund raiser.
 
Thanks in advance for all the prayers and support. We are getting closer to bringing our girl home everyday. We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment