Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Olders...part one...

So, while we are waiting for some additional, final paperwork to work on, I realized that if you look way back in the blog...way before adoption was on our radar, there was a bit about my older two kidos, but that was 4 years ago. I thought it would be fun to kind of introduce them to those that have only been following since the adoption announcement.

Breanna is the first born and totally has the first born personality. She was the only one for four years and it shows in a lot of ways. She has always like to command the attention and be the boss. Something I have always told myself will make her a great leader someday if we direct her in the right direction.

 
At the Age of 3, full of spunk and personality.
 
 
This child tests me, frustrates me on a daily basis. She is just like me in many ways, possibly many of the things I don't like in myself. She has taught me much about myself in her 12 years of life. Things I know God desperately needed me learn, so He gave her to me; and I'm so thankful. She is like me, but opposite of me at the same time. She has my impatience and stubbornness, but she also has the personality traits that I wish I had. She's always been very social from a young age. She is funny, cutting jokes from the age of two.
 
My silly girl.
 
 
 She's full of spunk, personality and energy. She's just a total goof! And I love her so much. We may butt heads on a regular basis, but I love the conversations we have when we are alone in the car or out on a shopping date. I love how smart and beautiful she is.
She is also adventurous and loves nature and all things science.
 
 
At home in the great outdoors.
 
 
 
 
 And she loves little kids and they love her.
 
 
 
She is also one of those people that will defend the cause of the weak, the lonely, the overlooked. I have seen her on multiple occasions, seek out another child that was alone, left behind, maybe even shunned by the other kids and attempt to include them, make them feel a part of her group, special. I have also heard stories of her defending a child that was being teased by others. When she was in second grade, she got into trouble for attacking another child. I totally was dumbfounded. Come to find out, she had witnessed that child being pretty mean, calling another child names and pushing him, so her being the defender that she is, proceeded to tackle the meanie child. The one that was being teased went home and told his mom about what Breanna did. That mom proceeded to search me and the teacher out the next day and thank Breanna for defending her son. Needless to say, Breanna did not get the slightest punishment from us. It was a proud moment. And she still has that in her heart at 12. I really envision her taking on an important cause someday and just really making a huge difference in the world.
 
One tough cookie! I'm telling ya, don't mess with her friends or family. ;o)
 
Beautiful, inside and out.
 
I love my precious eldest child so much!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Your description of your oldest reminds me so much of my oldest, also a 12yr old girl! Seriously, I could have written this about my Bereket. :) Fun! Looking forward to meeting you all in less than 2 months! :)

    ReplyDelete